Last Updated on 2023-10-02.
Moving a VM to another server might end in unexpected errors, e.g. event log might show ID 21024, 21026 or 32784 without any further detail informations.
Some steps you can try if you encounter issues:
- Delete all VM snapshots and check if they are fully merged (so that no .avhd file exists)
- Check free disk space on all affected drives
- Check if the VM has set any special CPU settings
- Turn off the VM before moving (seems to help especially when moving from Windows Server 2019 to 2022)
- Do not write destination server name manually (use the dialog/assistant instead)