Last Updated on 2013-02-27.
A lot of forum posts tell that it is not possible to activate the Dension Gateway 500s BT (GW52MO1 or GW52MO2) with the GenTool of the older version of the product. This is definitely not true.
I tested the behaviour with a BMW E93, 2008, Navi Professional CCC. The gateway 500 worked with the Gentool and also the 500s BT (originally, I bought the older version only because the vendor told me that activating was easier…). So if you have the GenTool, you do not need to activate with NCS Expert, or other coding software.
For activating the device, I did the following steps:
- Set the Dip switches of the Dension Gateway according to the car model (have a look at the manual).
- Disable any other built-in aftermarket devices, as far as possible, if you have any.
- Disconnect the battery for at least 20 seconds (without disconnecting, the programming process does not work sometimes), then connect it again.
- Make sure the Gateway device is in Activated state.
- Insert your car key, so the display shows the main menu. Don’t press the start button.
- Connect the GenTool. After about 20 – 30 seconds, the CCC headunit will restart.
- After the boot process is done, you should see the bluetooth device and the CD changer in several menus.
Note: You can only activate / deactivate 1 Dension gateway with 1 Gentool!