I noticed a problem with a newly configured ZBox ID41 in combination with a Zotac remote control (which was not included in the original package) and OpenElec 3.0/3.1. The remote basically worked, but it did not recognize some buttons like the green MCE button, even “irw” via SSH didn’t show it. I set up several Zboxes before and they all worked well (with modified remote.xml and lircmap.xml). After searching for hours, BIOS updates, tests on multiple Zboxes etc., I found out Zotac distributes different IR receivers:
The working ones are named “OVU710001/00”, dmesg output is PHILIPS MCE USB IR Receiver- Spinel plus, lsusb shows device 0471:20cc. This one does not work with all buttons: OVU710023/01, dmesg output is USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [PHILIPS OVU710023], lsusb shows device 0471:2168.
Unfortunately, I haven’t found a solution for the 710023 models yet. They look exactly identical, so take care of the number printed on the receiver devices before using them.
there seems to be a solution here:
Didn’t try it yet, but would be nice to have in included in the default openelec build.