DBTCP is a Linux Client / Windows Server solution to access ODBC connections.
Unfortunately, there has been no update since 2004, but with some modifications, v0.1.18a is working with current Ubuntu / Apache / PHP versions.
- Download and extract the latest version.
- Follow the INSTALL file contents to build the dbtcp.so file. You might encounter some errors.
- Possibly you have to execute:
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev
- To solve compiling errors, change the “function_entry” to “zend_function_entry” and “pval” to “zval”, which is described here.
- If you still get errors, look at this site, which gives some hints how to change the Makefile.
- Now it should work and you get a dbtcp.so file which fits your current PHP version. To be sure, have a look at your /var/log/apache/error.log file.