OpenELEC/LibreELEC with Kodi offers various ways for remote management.
- SSH (command line)
- Samba / CIFS
- Web interface
- Use it e.g. for centralized settings, like a central DB or substitute paths
- Settings which you find in Kodi’s settings menu. You can also copy settings from there and use it in your advancedsettings.xml
- sources.xml, mediasources.xml
- E.g. shortcuts for HTTP repositories, internal network favorites etc.
- remote.xml, Lircmap.xml
- Remote control configuration
Installing addons remotely
Copy the .zip file to /storage/.kodi/addons/packages and unzip it to /storage/.kodi/addons (first have a look at the structure of existing addons). It should run on next Kodi restart.
For the most addons, user data is saved under Userdata\addon_data.
Enabling / Disabling addons remotely
Make sure the integrated Webserver service is enabled, then connect to http://[ip]. Use Firefox, not IE.
Under settings -> addons, you can enable or disable installed addons.
In general, the Kodi web interface is a very convenient way for remote configuration of other settings, too.